EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
OVERSEAS MANPOWER CORPORATION LIMITED:
Free orientation cum skill up-gradation program is being conducted through this institute for both semiskilled and skilled trainees, aiming for job opportunities abroad. The trades offered are
- MACHINE OPERATOR AND
Fifteen trainees in a batch sponsored by Overseas Manpower Corporation Limited are intensively trained in Practical as well as theory for a duration of ten days. Certification is done by OMCL (A Government of Tamilnadu undertaking). So far four batches have been successfully trained.
This institution has the teams of Ball Badminton, Foot Ball, Volley Ball. Also Running, Shot put, Long Jump, High Jump, Javelin throw games also practiced.
Every year sports meets are conducted at institution level, Regional level and State Level.
NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME:
The nearby villages around Pettai are benefited to the fullest extent by the enthusiastic participation of our NSS volunteers. Two units (100 Volunteers each) of NSS are functioning under two Programming Officers. Some of the NSS activities are
- Special Camps – Since this institution NSS volunteers are technically trained every year two villages are espoused to carry out arrangements of Drinking water, Lighting, Repairing Home Appliances in addition to the normal cleaning of the village.
- The Volunteers offered their great Participation in the Process of “CLEANING OF THAMIRAPARANI RIVER BED”
- BLOOD DONATION CAMPS.
- POLIO AWARENESS PROGRAMMES
- CLEANING OF THE CAMPUS:
Seminars for trainees are organised to utilize the potential of the industrial experts and educate the trainees about the latest trends prevalent in the Industry.
Some of the Industrial Experts who recently conducted the seminars were
- Mr. Ganesan, Assistant Manager, HRD, DCW Ltd., Sahupuram, Tuticorin.
- Prof. S. V. L. Michael, department of Economics, Xaviers College, Palayamkottai.
- Er. Chellappa, Professor, Sankar polytechnic College, Sankar Nagar.
- Dr. R. Mathivanan Co-ordinator, Nehru Yuva Kendra, Tirunelveli.
- Mr. R. M. Elangovan, Manager, Training & Development, Titan Industries, Hosur.
Every year cultural programmes are conducted in order to bring out the hidden talents of the Trainees.
Multi Skill Training for General Public to increase employability as well as self employment opportunities under The Government of Tamil Nadu “VAZHNTHU KATTUVOM” scheme.
This is the First ISO certified Industrial Training Institute in Southern Tamilnadu.
- 100% Placement Record
- All India Skill competition test for Craftsman and State Skill competition award winners.
- Champions of Regional and State Level Sport meets.
- Under the guidance of CII Member Industries and The Department of Employment and Training the MOU signed between The Principal and The India Cements Ltd, The Institute Management Committee is formed in May 2004.
- The IMC meeting is conducted periodically and discuss various required improvements in training. The recommendations are implemented for improved Training..
- Based on the recommendations the Centre of Excellence - Electrical Trade was started in August ’06.
- In Plant Trainings and Plant Visits are encouraged by the nearby Industries.
- Seminars are being conducted with the help of Industrial Experts to expose the trainees towards the present scenario.